5 Downtown Activities to Get You Out of the Office
1) We’ll start out with the obvious choice - a streetcar ride to Sweet Auburn Curb Market. Pick up some groceries, eat some lunch at Arepa Mia or YumDiggity, peruse Sisters Bookshop, or grab a mind-blowingly good milkshake at Grindhouse Killer Burgers.
2) Take a stroll down South Broad Street. Most ATLians have heard the buzz around the growing art scene on South Broad, but it’s something to see for yourself. Check out Mammal Gallery or just take in the colorful murals that now decorate the once neglected infrastructure. Interested in learning more about South Broad Initiatives? Visit http://www.southbroadatl.org/
3) Go for a short bike ride. With a Relay Bike Share station on the corner of Luckie & Peachtree (across from FlatironCity!), there is no excuse not to take a two-wheel tour of downtown. Take advantage of the two-way cycling track on Peachtree Avenue! It’s a great place to start if you’re not used to riding on crowded streets.
4) Get to know some peeps. Downtown is moving and shaking and it’s exciting to be a part of it. There are so many ways to plug in, but just to name a few: take a class at The Iron Yard, check out The Consumer Show at Switchyards, grab a coffee at Ebriks (you’ll meet some really great people, guaranteed), stop by the Center for Civic Innovation, grab a day pass at FlatironCity, or attend a meetup at the Microsoft Innovation Center.
5) Chill out in Woodruff Park. Play some bocce or chess, throw a blanket down in the lawn or carry your lunch over for some fresh air. When the weather is right, Soccer in the Streets even sets up a pop-up soccer pitch every week.